Subject: Join Online public discussion "European construction sector: Poland and Ukraine between cooperation and competition" on October 10, 2024, Thursday, from 11:00 to 12:30 Kyiv time
From: "Victorya Zhovtenko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2024 13:15:43 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Colleagues,

Warsaw Enterprise Institute and Institute for Economic Research and Policy 
Consulting (IER) invite you to participate in the public discussion 
"European construction sector: Poland and Ukraine between cooperation and 
competition".

The event will take place online on the ZOOM platform on Thursday, October 
10, 2024, from 11:00 to 12:30 (Kyiv time), which corresponds to 10:00 to 
11:30 (CEST).

The event languages are Ukrainian – Poland and English (simultaneous 
translation provided).

We sincerely hope that you can honor us with your presence.

Ukraine applied for EU membership in February 2022 and was granted EU 
candidate status in June 2022. In December 2023, EU leaders decided to start 
accession negotiations. The European construction market contributes 
significantly to the European economy, generating over 9% of GDP, 
encompassing 3 million companies and providing 18 million direct jobs. The 
entry of Polish companies into the European construction market opened up 
new development prospects for them, allowing them to win new contracts or 
participate in international competition. At the same time, it was a great 
challenge associated with the need to adapt to new conditions, norms, and 
standards. The market is highly competitive, with the added complication of 
a rapidly changing regulatory environment and increasing requirements for 
climate change, energy efficiency, and waste management. We want to discuss 
whether Ukrainian companies will be able to adapt to the requirements of 
this complex sector and achieve similar success as Polish companies and 
whether cooperation between the two countries in this area is possible.

Key Questions for Discussion:

*	What EU requirements and standards in the construction sector require the 
most adaptation in Ukraine?
*	How can Poland's experience assist Ukrainian construction material 
manufacturers in preparing for integration into the European market?
*	What investment and technological cooperation opportunities exist between 
Polish and Ukrainian companies in the construction industry?
*	How can we promote sustainable development in the Ukrainian construction 
sector in the context of European integration?

KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:

*	STEFAN BEKIR ASSANOWICZ, Vice president of the Polish Chamber of Commerce, 
former president of construction companies Budimex-Dromex and RUBAU;
*	HENNADIY FARENUIK, Member of the Board of Directors of the Ukrainian 
Building Company (KBU), Director of the Research Institute of Building 
Structures;
*	KONRAD WYRWAS, Director of Development Strategy, Polish Association of 
Construction Employers;
*	ОLEKSANDR MELNYCHENKO, Acting Executive Director of UkraineInvest;
*	JAKUB TROSZYŃSKI, expert in construction investments, Legal counsel ODJT 
law fir;
*	ROSTYSLAV KOROBKA, Vice President of the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and 
Industry.

The meeting will be moderated by Lukasz Wojdyga, Deputy Director Centre for 
Strategic Studies Warsaw Enterprise Institute.

(!) We invite you to register: https://forms.office.com/e/D0gUs5y602

After registration, you will receive a confirmation email via the ZOOM 
platform containing information about the debate. Polish-Ukrainian-English 
translation will be provided.

The Discussion is implemented within the framework of the project "Ukraine's 
Path to the European Union. The Polish experience" jointly funded by the 
Open Society Institute Foundation and the International Renaissance 
Foundation.

________________________

Best regards,

Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting

http://www.ier.com.ua <http://www.ier.com.ua/>